Grants approved – November 2004.
Number of grants: 5
1. “Bibija” – Roma Women’s Center, Belgrade
- CSD: 192.680,00
- Name of the project: Seminar: “Writing of five-year strategic plan for Roma women’s organizations network”
- Project goal : “Bibija” is very active in the field of women’s, human and minorities’ rights in last 6 years, focused on Roma women’s rights. Working on this problem, they realized that it’s necessary to support organizing of Roma women. According to that, this seminar is very important for founding network of Roma women and making five-year plan of activities.
2. Association for Women’s Initiatives, Belgrade
- CSD: 124.260,00
- Name of the project: “Education and affirmation”
- Project goal: To organize workshops for education and technical support to groups which are in Network. Some of the themes are: economic empowerment, health, education, political influence(work of Gender Equality Council), women’s creativity. Very important project goal is Network improvement, experience exchange, induce of cooperation within Network and support to new initiatives by stronger groups in region. Providing information about AWIN activities and maintaining on-line INDOK archive are also important parts of the project.
3. Labris – Group for Lesbian Human Rights, Belgrade
- CSD : 140.000,00
- Name of the project : “Labris web site”
- Project goal: Empowerment of lesbians to accept their identity, promotion of right to lesbian existence and reduce of homophobia in public. Important goals are to promote Labris activities, to increase lesbian visibility and to inform and educate lesbians, media and public about rights and social position of LGBT people, their culture, health, about legal changes and similar organizations and initiatives in Serbia and abroad.
4. Association “Roma Woman of Banat”, Kikinda
- CSD: 181.500,00
- Name of the project: “Roma Women and Media 2”
- Project goal: To continue information of Roma women in Vojvodina about key issues for their lives and to inform them about basic women’s human rights and their implementation. ”Information provider” are radio programs broadcasted on 6 local radio stations (Roma sections) in Kikinda, Srbobran, Sombor, Novi Becej, Odzaci and Bela Crkva.
5. Faculty of Law, Law Clinic, Nis
- CSD: 150.000,00
- Name of the project : “Clinical educational program for protection of women’s rights”
- Project goal: This project is a way of integration of gender studies in official academic program of Faculty of Law in Nis. Legal Clinic will be a center for promotion of women’s human rights. Through concrete work in giving legal services (interviews, legal advises and advocacy) to women whose rights are violated, students will have a chance to learn about real legal and social status of women in everyday life and to become more sensible for problems of women and aware of consequences of their marginalization and discrimination. This program is a chance for socially most imperilment women, who can’t afford a lawyer, to acquire legal protection of their rights, through free legal services of the students and their professors in Law Clinic.